Michigan Fine Arts Competition 2022
Click here for exhibiting artists!
Juror: Marina Pacini
Marina Pacini retired as Chief Curator and Curator of American, Modern, and Contemporary Art in 2019 after 18 years at the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art. Among the exhibitions she organized are Marisol: Sculptures and Works on Paper (2014), which travelled to El Museo del Barrio in New York, and was accompanied by a catalog co-published by Yale University Press; Red Grooms: Traveling Correspondent (2016, with catalog); Photographs from the Memphis World, 1949-1964 (2008, with catalog); and The Soul of a City: Memphis Collects African American Art (2012). Before joining the Brooks, she was director of the Clough Hanson Gallery at Rhodes College, Memphis, for 7 years; taught at the University of Memphis; and for 7 years was project director for the Philadelphia Project, Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, where she began developing her focus on women artists and artists of color. Additionally, she has served on the board of the Association of Art Museum Curators and was board president of the UrbanArt Commission, Memphis.
- Online Application Process Opens — Thurs., March 24
- APPLICATION DEADLINE — May 6, 2022
- Juror Results — Tues., May 24 — All accepted artists will be posted on BBAC website by 5pm, BBArtCenter.org. Accepted & declined artists will be sent an email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
- Intake of Accepted Artwork — Mon. – Fri. June 6 – 10, 10 am – 4pm
- Award Notification (by email) — Thurs., June 16 (by the end of the day)
- Exhibition Opens — Fri., June 17
- Exhibition Closes — Thurs., Aug 18, 5pm
- Exhibition Outtake — Fri., Aug. 19 & Sat., Aug. 20, 10am–4pm