Currently, there are two positions open. One is full-time (days) & one is part-time (one evening per week & Saturdays).
Please review details below before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please email your cover letter and resume including past experience in this field with work references to the email addresses below. No phone calls will be taken.
Facilities Staff Worker
Email cover letter & resume to: Annie VanGelderen, President & CEO; AnnieVanGelderen@BBArtCenter.org
Performs entry-level work at the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center. Performs a variety of job tasks related to facilities operations and maintenance. (Based on a couple applications received, please note that this is not an “art job.”)
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The list of essential functions, as outlined here, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed here if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs set up and take down of equipment for classes and or meetings.
- Handles small repairs.
- Performs maintenance tasks at facility.
- Performs clean-up and various custodial services for the art center.
- Performs routine cleaning tasks of interior and exterior of facilities; including cleaning bathrooms, sweeping & mopping floors, vacuuming, garbage removal, picking up debris in facility parking lot, cleaning windows and mirrors, etc.
- Monitors facility with housekeeping needs or repairs.
- Interacts with groups of people – including students, staff, instructors, etc
- Checks and maintains all facilities maintenance equipment
- Assists with tracking the inventory of cleaning supplies, tools and maintenance equipment
- Picks up debris from exterior of facility and inform supervisor when work orders are needed
- Assists in the implementation of special activities and events
- Provides exceptional customer service by interacting with our students and instructors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and/or required
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by at least one year of experience in building maintenance.
Must have a state of MI Drivers license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of cleaning products, materials, and methods and maintenance equipment used in facility maintenance
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Ability to use a variety of building maintenance equipment, supplies, and materials
- Skill in ability to communicate via email and ability to use computer for class schedules/setups
- Skill in providing good customer service
- Ability to multi-task while working with tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to clearly communicate and understand information in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to regularly attend work and arrive punctually for designated work schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and special events.
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the regular and, at times, sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work and may require occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of heavy objects or materials (up to 30 pounds). Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks are regularly performed inside.
Some tasks require manual dexterity, in addition to visual and hearing acuity.
The Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
The Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.