2019 Holiday Shop Artist Application
December 4-December 20, 2019
The BBAC Holiday Shop is a juried show that has been an annual tradition for nearly four decades. It starts with Shop & Champagne, a fabulous preview party with sparkling beverages, gourmet strolling supper & shopping for 400 enthusiasts! Throughout Dec 5-20, admission is free to the public & the Holiday Shop attracts hundreds more shoppers. Artwork is displayed attractively.
We are seeking fine art & craft in all media suitable for the holiday market: 2-D media, ceramics, jewelry, glass, fiber, leather, metal, wood & holiday-themed items, including decorations, ornaments & greeting cards. Artists are juried on their body of work & the artwork is accepted on a consignment basis.
Fast facts about the Holiday Shop:
- A unique setting to sell your artwork for the winter season.
- All you need to do is deliver your work & we do the rest.
- Your work is displayed in a professional setting.
- We re-stock daily to maximize sales.
- Hundreds of shoppers take advantage of this great gift-buying opportunity.
- The BBAC retains 45% commission on all sales.
- Proceeds help to support the BBAC’s education & ArtAccess programs throughout the year.
All work must be original and handmade by the artist. Commercially manufactured components, commercial patterns and molds of any type will not be accepted (i.e. commercial beads for jewelry – except findings – assembly of pre-made holiday crafts, purchased kits, etc.).
• Historically, items priced between $3.00 and $650.00 sell best, especially items under $100.00. We will accept work above $650 but the artist may be asked not to bring specific work or quantities.
• Accepted work must be ready to display. All wall art must have proper hanging mechanism—wire (ends wrapped), D rings; no sawtooth hangers.
The application deadline is September 16.
Application must be made online – go to CallForEntry.org (click here).
Click the APPLY NOW button on that page. You will create a FREE account in order to apply. Just follow the steps.
There is a non-refundable jury fee of $15.
Sept 16 – APPLICATION DEADLINE
By Sept 23 – Jury results emailed.
FOR ACCEPTED ARTISTS:
The following is an overview. We will provide detailed instructions regarding preparation of your work for inventory-in.
Oct. 18-19 (10a-4p) – Jewelry artists’ work inventory-in
Nov. 1-2 (10a-4p) – All other artists’ work inventory-in
Dec. 4 – Shop & Champagne, ticketed preview event (artists may purchase tickets @ $85 each, much of which is tax deductible)
Dec. 5-20 – Holiday Shop; Mon.-Sat., 10a-6p; Sundays. Noon-4p
Jan. 2-4 (10a-4p) – Artist pick up of unsold inventory. For artists who ship work to the BBAC, we will ship back the unsold work by Jan. 29, 2020; cost of return shipping will be deducted from artist’s payment.
Jan. 31 – We make every effort to mail artist commission checks by the end of January.
QUESTIONS? 248.644.0866 or email HolidayShopInfo@BBArtCenter.org
About the BBAC
The Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center, supported by the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment for the Arts, has been providing “art for all” since 1957, and is a regional art center committed to promoting visual arts experiences. Each year, more than 500 classes are offered for all skill levels and ages, preschool to senior citizens. Throughout the year, more than 9,000 individuals are served by classes, workshops, art camps, ArtAccess programs, special events and exhibitions that are free and open to the public. The BBAC also supports hundreds of artists each year, with opportunities to teach, exhibit and sell their work. The BBAC is a 25,000-square-foot facility with nine classrooms studios, four exhibition galleries and retail Gallery Shop.